Adding Videos To The Charts

2 posters

Go down

Adding Videos To The Charts Empty Adding Videos To The Charts

Post  Adric Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:16 pm

Youtube is a very fickle and unpredictable place. Videos often get removed due to copyright crap as we all know. You may notice that I am adding direct links to the songs in the replies. I cannot locate every song and will add what I can as I can. I think this will make for a wonderful addition. (If you're a Doctor Who fan, I'm also adding episodes that I can find in full for your viewing pleasures. I really hope to have them all eventually.)

I'm very happy to be adding videos to the mix. I have no doubt though that over time, the links will become invalid. You're welcome to private message me if a song you like isn't working via the link. I'll do my best to replace it from a more recent uploader. Ofcourse, the newer the song, the more likely it is to get removed by youtube. The fantastic 80's shouldn't be harshly affected.
I would actually prefer to add clips that simply provide the audio as it's less likely to get removed. I hope you will enjoy this new feature and ofcourse am always eager to hear your thoughts on songs.

I have also added a page 2 to the emoticons. I'll be adding more os often as I can.

Cheers!

Last edited by Adric on Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Adric
Adric
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/people/Alex-Graham/546756334

Back to top Go down

Adding Videos To The Charts Empty Re: Adding Videos To The Charts

Post  moonshadowo1 Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:16 am

soooooooooo if the so called fabulous eighties shouldn't be affected by removal..hows about some 70''s hmmmmmmmm?

moonshadowo1
New Kid On The Block

Back to top Go down

Post  Adric Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:51 pm

moonshadowo1 wrote:soooooooooo if the so called fabulous eighties shouldn't be affected by removal..hows about some 70''s hmmmmmmmm?

You can find 70's videos on youtube, though they are few and far between. Many of them aren't actual videos as videos barely existed until the early 80's.
I generally open a new tab when I'm reviewing these charts. I keep the second tab connected to youtube and jot the titles of songs to hear there. That's the easiest method to finding the songs you like.
As far as compiling 70's charts, I have a long way to go before I start that run lol. I want to finished the 90's and chart until the week's become currents with today's music. Once that's been done, I'll have lots more time to add videos and start working on the 60's and 70's.
Now, if you look at "Chart Requests" in this same thread, you're welcome to request a chart from any era / decade. While I won't be posting to videos, I'll add the chart in request. You'll most likely find some old favorites that bring back good memories or have completely forgotten about. That would also be a help if you're looking for some good 70's tunes to find on youtube. Hope this helps and happy charting. Smile
Adric
Adric
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/people/Alex-Graham/546756334

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down