How Country Popped Its Way Into the Mainstream

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

How Country Popped Its Way Into the Mainstream - Page 7 Empty Re: How Country Popped Its Way Into the Mainstream

Post  misery guts on Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:52 am

The Big Interview w/Dan Rather - Little Big Town
Going to be quite a few of these. Anyway, this 4-piece had been together 20 years at the time of this chat, and were up to their 9th album. They had hit the odd big one with Girl Crush and Boondocks and things. They were friends with Taylor Swift. They didn't seem that notable to me, I must say.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

How Country Popped Its Way Into the Mainstream - Page 7 Empty Re: How Country Popped Its Way Into the Mainstream

Post  misery guts on Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:32 am

Ellen 18 - Brad Paisley
A pandemic can't slow some people down. Brad had a show in Saskatchewan before everything shut down, though he's back in Nashville now. He's involved with animal welfare, donkey rescuing and so on. First time he's had summer at home in 10 years. Made a video using fans Zoom, and the "No I in Beer" (?) song.

Showreel: Jason Aldean
A less familiar name to me, though the songs seemed OK. Another member of the Class of '77.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:10 am

Showreel: Brad Paisley
He was 48 last week, apparently. This was a decent selection of hits, with a couple of duets with the likes of Dolly Parton and Carrie Underwood.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:10 am

Showreel: Martina McBride
She turned 54 in July. Fairly ordinary stuff here.

The Golden Hour: Chris Young
I wait ages for new episodes of these shows, and suddenly they come like buses.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:39 am

misery guts wrote:The Golden Hour: Brad Paisley
Pleasant enough in the main, some duets with Alison Krauss and Dolly Parton and Keith Urban.
The Golden Hour - Brad Paisley
Don't think any of those duets featured this time, so I sense it was in fact a new one.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:38 am

54th CMA Awards
Reba McEntire and Darius Rucker presented. This show cut out most of the awards, and allowed the enjoyment of performances starting with Jason Aldean paying tribute to Charlie Daniels, and then Maren Morris, Miranda Lambert, Brothers Osborne, Jimmie Allen and Keith Urban. Charley Pryde was recognised with some sort of merit award.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum