Senead warns Miley.....

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Senead warns Miley..... Empty Senead warns Miley.....

Post  Adric Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:21 am

You can read the full article by clicking HERE.

Miley Cyrus Warned About Getting Pimped Out! Read The FULL Letter From Sinead O'Connor HERE!

See, this all started when Miley Cyrus told Rolling Stone she thought her Wrecking Ball video was this generation's Nothing Compares 2 U — or at least it had been designed to be similar to it! We mean, we guess they both zoom in close to the face, butttt…. As soon as Nothing Compares singer Sinead O'Connor heard word of the comparison, it would appear as if lil' tiny landmines kept going off in her beautiful mind. Cuz she disagrees! Not only does she find Smiley's actions to be the opposite of female empowerment, she fears for Miley's long-term results as she believes it's very possible she's being pimped and exploited! In an open letter she published on her website, Sinead said:

"Dear Miley,

I wasn’t going to write this letter, but today i’ve been dodging phone calls from various newspapers who wished me to remark upon your having said in Rolling Stone your Wrecking Ball video was designed to be similar to the one for Nothing Compares… So this is what I need to say… And it is said in the spirit of motherliness and with love.

I am extremely concerned for you that those around you have led you to believe, or encouraged you in your own belief, that it is in any way ‘cool’ to be naked and licking sledgehammers in your videos. It is in fact the case that you will obscure your talent by allowing yourself to be pimped, whether its the music business or yourself doing the pimping.

Nothing but harm will come in the long run, from allowing yourself to be exploited, and it is absolutely NOT in ANY way an empowerment of yourself or any other young women, for you to send across the message that you are to be valued (even by you) more for your sexual appeal than your obvious talent.

I am happy to hear I am somewhat of a role model for you and I hope that because of that you will pay close attention to what I am telling you.

The music business doesn’t give a sh*t about you, or any of us. They will prostitute you for all you are worth, and cleverly make you think its what YOU wanted.. and when you end up in rehab as a result of being prostituted, ‘they’ will be sunning themselves on their yachts in Antigua, which they bought by selling your body and you will find yourself very alone.

None of the men oggling you give a sh*t about you either, do not be fooled. Many’s the woman mistook lust for love. If they want you sexually that doesn’t mean they give a f*ck about you. All the more true when you unwittingly give the impression you don’t give much of a f*ck about yourself. And when you employ people who give the impression they don’t give much of a f*ck about you either. No one who cares about you could support your being pimped.. and that includes you yourself.

Yes, I’m suggesting you don’t care for yourself. That has to change. You ought be protected as a precious young lady by anyone in your employ and anyone around you, including you. This is a dangerous world. We don’t encourage our daughters to walk around naked in it because it makes them pray for animals and less than animals (a distressing majority of whom work in the music industry and the associated media).

You are worth more than your body or your sexual appeal. The world of showbiz doesn’t see things that way, they like things to be seen the other way, whether they are magazines who want you on their cover, or whatever.. Don’t be under any illusions.. ALL of them want you because they’re making money off your youth and your beauty.. which they could not do except for the fact your youth makes you blind to the evils of show business. If you have an innocent heart you can’t recognise those who do not.

I repeat, you have enough talent that you don’t need to let the music business make a prostitute of you. You shouldn’t let them make a fool of you either. Don’t think for a moment that any of them give a flying f*ck about you. They’re there for the money.. we’re there for the music. It has always been that way and it will always be that way. The sooner a young lady gets to know that, the sooner she can be REALLY in control.

You also said in Rolling Stone that your look is based on mine. The look I chose, I chose on purpose at a time when my record company were encouraging me to do what you have done. I felt I would rather be judged on my talent and not my looks. I am happy that I made that choice, not least because I do not find myself on the proverbial rag heap now that I am almost 47 yrs of age.. which unfortunately many female artists who have based their image around their sexuality, end up on when they reach middle age.
Real empowerment of yourself as a woman would be to in future refuse to exploit your body or your sexuality in order for men to make money from you. I needn’t even ask the question.. I’ve been in the business long enough to know that men are making more money than you are from you getting naked. Its really not at all cool. And its sending dangerous signals to other young women. Please in future say no when you are asked to prostitute yourself. Your body is for you and your boyfriend. It isn’t for every spunk-spewing dirtbag on the net, or every greedy record company executive to buy his mistresses diamonds with.

As for the shedding of the Hannah Montana image.. whoever is telling you getting naked is the way to do that does absolutely NOT respect your talent, or you as a young lady. Your records are good enough for you not to need any shedding of Hannah Montana. She’s waaaaaaay gone by now.. Not because you got naked but because you make great records.

Whether we like it or not, us females in the industry are role models and as such we have to be extremely careful what messages we send to other women. The message you keep sending is that its somehow cool to be prostituted.. its so not cool Miley.. its dangerous. Women are to be valued for so much more than their sexuality. we aren’t merely objects of desire. I would be encouraging you to send healthier messages to your peers.. that they and you are worth more than what is currently going on in your career. Kindly fire any motherf*cker who hasn’t expressed alarm, because they don’t care about you."
Adric
Adric
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/people/Alex-Graham/546756334

Back to top Go down

Senead warns Miley..... Empty Re: Senead warns Miley.....

Post  misery guts Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:23 am

Sinead can be a daft ol' loon sometimes, but she's dead right. 'Wrecking Ball', or 'Risi-ball' as I think of it, is almost worse than the whole twerking/Blurred Lines fiasco. Quite what the semi-naked androgynous look is supposed to be other than attractive to seedier members of society, I do not know.

NC2U was the kind of moment you cannot replicate by design, anyway. Probably only Adele's "Someone Like You" has been in the same ball-park, and that took over 20 years to come along.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:58 am

This saga continues...

Miley responded to Sinead by some somewhat unkind tweets, referring to Ms O'Connor's mental health. Sinead has naturally demanded an apology.

The story has started to generate some mild news coverage, which alas merely fuels the Cyrus story... Rolling Eyes 
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:40 am

misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adric Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:30 am

LOL --- poor Miley ... NOT. Haven't posted them, but apparently she has also gotten recent letters / tweets from Annie Lennox. It also seems that Billy Ray Cyrus has called upon Lionel Richie to counsil her ... oh my. I'd truly love to be contacted by these famous legends, though surely not in the ways Miley has been. I would have thought that Bieber would be getting mail by now, though I guess he hasn't whipped it out ... yet. affraid (Although his new song "Lolly" would be great potential for that given the lyrics).

Real shame that Amy Winehouse didn't have a support group in this manner, though I guess that stripping is far worse than drinking yourself into an early grave. Suspect 
Adric
Adric
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adric Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:01 am

misery guts wrote:Miley's got 1 fan at least:

Macca Defends Miley Over Twerk Dance Moves
Well well ... seems she may have two friends here lol.  Sir Paul Mccartney - Paul Sir Paul Mccartney Backs Miley Cyrus Over Raunchy Routines

Sir Paul Mccartney has urged critics to lay off Miley Cyrus over her raunchy routines, insisting: "We've seen worse than that."

The Beatles icon made a special effort to check out the former Hannah Montana star's controversial performance with Robin Thicke at the MTV Video Music Awards in August (13) and also viewed her promo for single Wrecking Ball, in which she is naked save for a pair of boots.

Both incidents have sparked a wave of accusations that the former child star has gone too far in sexualising her image, but MCCartney is baffled and believes Cyrus is being treated unfairly.

He tells Sky News, "You know what, I don't think it was explicit at all. You couldn't see anything! I watched it just as an experiment, to check. But obviously you look at it and you go, 'What's everyone shouting about?'. I thought it was only mildly shocking. I know she is dancing with Robin Thicke at the awards - so what? Come on! We've seen worse than that."
Adric
Adric
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:09 am

I don't believe help is being offered to Miley because she wants or needs it, but because she's making the business look a mockery. Amy W was old enough to know better, and followed her own demons to destruction. I think Miley is a long way from that sort of destination.

And her latest single & album went straight to #1 in the UK, so clearly there's no such thing as bad publicity.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:25 pm

I notice Miley's new one 'Adore You' is continuing in the same vein, but has garnered next to no response. Maybe she should wind up some other old has-been quick!  Rolling Eyes 
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Tue May 17, 2016 1:07 am

Miley's thankfully been quiet lately.

But Sinead O'Connor has returned to the news. Having claimed that Arsenio Hall sold Prince the drugs that killed him (or thereabouts), Hall threatened to sue her ass off, basically. Then yesterday there was an alert that she had been reported missing after going on a bicycle ride on Sunday, though within a few hours she was reported found again. But maybe she's having issues of her own Shocked
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adric Tue May 17, 2016 6:09 am

Sadly, it's nonsense like this that keeps the dying music industry afloat. No doubt Billy Ray has an Achy Breaky Heart over all of this. Miley and Sinead are doing a fantastic job of ruining their once good names. Undoubtedly, Miley will eventually release a new album and 20+ singles will all debut in the same week Mad . There's no hope for Sinead unless she befriends Drake or one of these other loons and gets credited for having one line in the song. Personally, I say Miley & Sinead both need to swing on a Wrecking Ball to the lost moon of Poosh.
Adric
Adric
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:11 am

Neil McCormick's Needle Time: Sinead O'Connor
This 2014 edition promoted her most recent album, which didn't make the UK Top 20, despite intense media interest in a cover of her in black leather and with a black wig. Sinead discussed the reasons for this, and related her career story - a father she revered as helpful, and an abusive situation she struggled to overcome. Once she was on her way, she struggled with media intrusion, but she's more comfortable with herself now (or was when this was shot). She also spoke about the importance of sequencing songs on LPs, and writing from character POVs.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Mon May 15, 2017 7:17 am

Miley's back with a new single called Malibu. Compared to the Wrecking Ball image, it's something of a tone-down, jumping on the whole EDM Chainsmokers bandwagon Razz
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:14 am

Malibu entered the UK top 10 easily enough.

Oddly Katy Perry's new Bon Appetit video seems to be jumping on Miley's last bandwagon Shocked
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:51 am

Things don't look to be looking too happy for Sinead, still:

Sinead video prompts calls for help
Annie Lennox has called for support for Sinead O’Connor after the singer posted a video revealing she has wanted to kill herself for the past two years.
Fears have grown for the Irish songwriter since she posted a 12-minute video on her Facebook page tearfully explaining she has been “fighting for her life” and living in a Travelodge motel in New Jersey. 
O’Connor, who has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, said she had felt alone since losing custody of her 13-year-old son and revealed she is suffering from three mental illnesses but has been left isolated.
Shocked Crying or Very sad Hope she finds help soon.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:58 am

Things did improve for Sinead.

Miley's new album, Younger Now, came out this week, and the title track suggests she has matured after all.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:26 am

Sinead's back in the news, bless her. For converting to Islam  Exclamation
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:58 am

Miley's back in the top 10 here, helping out the tiresome Mark Ronson on his new single "Nothing Breaks Like a HeartExclamation
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:35 am

Miley lost her home in the California wildfires, as well. But in happier news, she's announced her marriage to long-term partner Liam Hemsworth.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:51 am

Less good news for Sinead, who's apparently been in hospital for months  Shocked
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:47 am

Icons - Big Star Profiles - Miley Cyrus
The familiar story of acting and singing, and having Billy Ray as a dad. Her real name is Destiny Hope Cyrus. Shades of the Phoenix family. 2007 saw her first record - where has the time gone? Annie Liebovitz took a "rude" pic of her with a bare back - somewhat tame compared to the "Wrecking Ball" nonsense, really. Vanessa Williams and Taylor Swift were used among the talking heads.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:39 am

MTV Unplugged presents Miley Cyrus - Backyard Sessions
She did mainly covers, which was surprising, and some esoteric choices as well. After bringing sister Noah in to guest on one, she finished on her current hit smash Midnight Sky.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:14 am

Sinead was in the news recently, I think partly in reference that she's retired from recording.

My Life on MTV - Glitter and Grit
A double bill on Miley Cyrus and Alicia Keys. The many Miley eras, from sweet & innocence of Hannah Montana, to the opposite on various award shows and in concerts and live shows, Unpluggeds and so on. She seems balanced these days, which is a blessing.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:26 am

Out of nowhere, Miley's back at #1 in the UK with her new single Flowers. It's her 3rd such, but comes 10 years after the first two.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:08 am

misery guts wrote:Out of nowhere, Miley's back at #1 in the UK with her new single Flowers. It's her 3rd such, but comes 10 years after the first two.
The accompanying album Endless Summer Vacation, also entered at #1, and again was her first such chart-topper since 2013's Bangerz.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Senead warns Miley..... Empty Sinead's gone

Post  Adric Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:07 pm

Very sad to hear that Sinead O' Connor has died at the age of 56 after battling mental health issues. She is well known for her #1 hit 'Nothing Compares 2 U'. RIP
Adric
Adric
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum