Rock Me Amadeus

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rock Me Amadeus - Page 2 Empty Re: Rock Me Amadeus

Post  misery guts Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:23 am

Mozart's Requiem from English National Opera
A special performance at the London Coliseum, introduced by Danielle de Niese, and with a new piece from Kieron Rennie as an accompaniment.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:32 am

BBC Proms '21: Mozart's Final Symphonies
Tom Service presents as Maxim Emelyanchev conducts the Scottish Chamber Orchestra through a rare performance of WAM's final 3 symphonies. Maxim was also the "One to Watch" this time. A good show, with conductor Dame Jane Glover and former Communard Reverend Richard Coles guesting with Tom.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:44 am

BBC Proms '21: Vikingur Olafsson and the Philharmonia
Josie D'Arby got to present as Paavo Jarvi conducted the Philharmonia through selections by Prokofiev, Bach and Shostakovich, and Mozart's Piano Concerto #24, one of two pieces where the piano player was Icelandic whizz Vikingur Olafsson (he did a little extra Bach as an encore too).
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:44 am

Der Messias
From Salzburg's Haus Fur Mozart, a performance by Les Musiciens du Louvre of this 3-part oratorio by Handel, arranged by Mozart. More of a performance than a straight recital, but pleasant enough for all that.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:28 am

Reinventing the Orchestra, with Charles Hazlewood
The moustachioed conductor, with help from his Paraorchestra ensemble, tried to reassess what an orchestra's function is in this day and age. He used them to reinterpret works by Mozart (his 40th Symphony), Kraftwerk, Barry White, Steve Reich, Scott Walker, and finally Guro Moe. He talked about use of electronic instrumentation, about playing in settings where the audience can mingle among the musicians, how some supposedly cheesy music is not to be under-rated, and so on.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:26 am

BBC Proms '22: The Magic of Mozart
Leif-Ove Andsnes conducted the Mahler Chamber Orchestra through a whole program of Mozart, starting with the overture from the Marriage of Figaro, and then three of his Piano Concertos. There was also talk about the Mozart Momentum Project too.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Wed May 24, 2023 8:26 am

Mozart Requiem and Mass in C Minor
Sir John Eliot Gardener conducted the Monteverdi Choir and friends at a venue in Barcelona, to mark the bi-centenary of Mozart's death. This showing oddly was from 2003, though the performance (and half-time chat from the great Sir JEG) was from 1991.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:13 am

BBC Proms '23: Karabits & Klieser
Kirill Karabits conducted the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra, firstly through a piece by Kirill's Ukrainian father Ivan getting its Proms debut, then the star turn of Felix Klieser. Born without arms, he plays the French horn with his toes. In this capacity, he performed Mozart's 4th Horn Concerto, then for an encore did an excerpt from Mozart's 2nd Horn Concerto. He also chatted in the studio to host Petroc Trelawny. The programme rounded off with more Rachmaninov.

Mozart at the Proms
A compilation from 2011, again narrated by Petroc, of two turns from 2006 (which was the 250th birthday of Mozart), as Jiri Belohlavek conducted the BBC Symphony Orchestra as they did Mozart's 23rd Piano Concerto and his Clarinet Concerto.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:46 am

BBC Proms '23: Mozart's Great Mass
John Butt conducted the Dunedin Consort through a program of Bach works and then the main event from Mozart, a famously unfinished work (here with a new ending).

Mozart's Requiem
From the Leeds Grand Theatre, Gary Walker conducted Opera North, whilst Dave Hurst choreographed a dance interpretation of the show.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2