New textures / skins ...

2 posters

Go down

New textures / skins ...  Empty New textures / skins ...

Post  Adric Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:57 pm

Having plans of possibly revamping this entire forum though could use a few computer geeks by my side. Over the next few days I'll be trying to find a nice new feel to the forum. Let me know your thoughts and what you'd like to see. Due to a terrible amt. of spammers I've made joining difficult. If you are a newbie or a faithful charter, thank you so much for your time. I feel a new energy and know that I can improve in many aspects. Write me at Adricsplace@gmail.com if you would like to be able to join here. We'll see. In the meantime, leave me feedback on how this page should look as a whole. Colors, textures, anything goes. Cheers~
Adric
Adric
Adric
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/people/Alex-Graham/546756334

Back to top Go down

New textures / skins ...  Empty Re: New textures / skins ...

Post  misery guts Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:13 am

I'd do more but I don't have permissions to do much except start threads and reply to threads.

On the other hand, if it were up to me, I'd change the theme about once a fortnight (!) :p
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adric Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:42 pm

misery guts wrote:I'd do more but I don't have permissions to do much except start threads and reply to threads.

On the other hand, if it were up to me, I'd change the theme about once a fortnight (!) :p

Might be experimenting with a few skins over the coming days. If you go to Administration Panel (far bottom) from there you can use the display button. Sadly, I haven't managed a way to do physical searches. There are some beautiful layers out there and would welcome any design you find. This would be so much easier if there were a way to search for 'fortnight' but it really comes down to sifting through thousands of choices. Any constructive criticism is appreciated. I want to have something that is easy on the eyes as well as easy on the typing of charts. (-:
It roughly takes me about 1.5 to type up a Hot 100 chart. It's a complete hobby for me and finally my wrist is healing up enough to be able to do a few a day. While I don't want to overwhelm myself I am thinking about doing a revamp to each Hot 100 chart, thus, making them easier to read + added info. It's going to take me years to complete each chart though cannot wait to sift into the 80's.
In short, I'd like this spot to be a place for suggestions and such.
Adric
Adric
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:41 am

Adric wrote:
misery guts wrote:I'd do more but I don't have permissions to do much except start threads and reply to threads.

Might be experimenting with a few skins over the coming days. If you go to Administration Panel (far bottom) from there you can use the display button.
I haven't got an Admin Panel though. I've got "Who is Online" and "Statistics" and that's it!

With this latest skin, I can't see smilies either.

Sorry about your wrist though Sad
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adric Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:14 am

Really disappointed to hear that the emoticons aren't displaying properly. For the time being I've changed everything back to the original settings. Been doing a bit of research and not understanding why you don't have an adm. panel on your end. Hopefully I'll figure out the cause of that soon. In the meantime please let me know if there's anything you'd like to see. Do you prefer the black or would another color make for a nice change? I did find two backgrounds (one Doctor Who, one Minecraft) that I really liked. Sadly the DW made viewing a bit too bright and perhaps hard on the eyes. Minecraft was a bit choppy all around. Still, if I kept the design I have at this moment it could be displayed as any color and am always open for suggestions. Thx for letting me know though about the smilies. Certainly don't want that being an issue. Smile
Adric
Adric
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:08 am

This is what I can see at the bottom left:
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
That's it. I expect you see more because you're the top bod. My only guess would be if I saw what you saw, then I might see what's different, but that's something to discuss on PM.

I'm happy with changes, but darker background screens are a bit easier on the eyes I think (not to say I wouldn't chance something more bright and garish if it looked cool).
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:37 am

I was looking into this, but apparently I can't change it myself (possibly just as well  Embarassed ) I note you have to trawl through many many pages to find anything half-decent  Exclamation
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum