Jay-Z ...

2 posters

Go down

Jay-Z ...  Empty Jay-Z ...

Post  Adric Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:10 am

Because we must be musically correct and it's trendy lol.....
The Hyphen Makes a Comeback to JAY-Z's Name

Nearly four years ago, news spread that Jay Z, ahem, JAY-Z, made the career-changing move of dropping the hyphen from his two-decade-old stage name, thanks to former Billboard editor and current Village Voice and Rolling Stone editor Joe Levy.

A month later, the Brooklyn-bred rap mogul called into L.A. radio show Big Boy's Neighborhood, saying the hyphen had been disappeared. "That was like three years ago, I don't know how that story resurfaced, but I guess it was a slow news day," he said. "The hyphen was really big back in the day. It's not useful anymore. I had umlauts over one of the letters; I removed that too."

Now, here we are in 2017, and guess what? The hyphen is back, according to an initial report from Pitchfork. Jay Z, I mean, JAY-Z's rep confirmed the stylizing of his rap moniker with a hyphen and all capital letters, hence, the new name "JAY-Z."
All the hyphen hoopla stems from the rapper's new trailer for his upcoming album 4:44, which dropped Sunday night and shows his name as "JAY:Z" to match the colon in the album title. The album will be available to Tidal and Sprint customers on June 30, which means plenty of time to retrain your fingers into typing out "JAY-Z."
Adric
Adric
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/people/Alex-Graham/546756334

Back to top Go down

Jay-Z ...  Empty Re: Jay-Z ...

Post  misery guts Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:12 am

I still recall first writing his name down as JZ. As if it makes much difference.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:05 am

Public Enemies: Jay Z vs Kanye
The saga of how a poor boy from Brooklyn and a middle-class boy from Chicago came together and then came apart. Z had it tough and made money from pushing drugs. But he turned that money into rap music. West, on the other hand, devised beats and was signed by Z to keep him quiet. He broke out and fell into a dark mood when his mother died. Both men married high profile women, and though they came together for a big tour, now seem to have split in different directions, including politically.

I have to say on this evidence, I'd be on Team West.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Mon May 24, 2021 7:21 am

Classic Albums: Reasonable Doubt
Together with producer Irv Gotti, Jay Z rapped through the stories of most of the tracks on this album, as some of the several other producers talked about where they got samples from, and guest contributors like Mary J Blige and Foxy Brown talked about what they brought to proceedings.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:15 pm

Isle of Wight Festival - Greatest Hits - Jay Z
He was there in 2010, and did a few of his hits, and brought on the now-forgotten Mr Hudson for Young Forever, and the still-known KanYe West for Run This Town, which was a good trick.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:06 am

Idea Generation: Just Blaze
Noah Callahan-Bever spoke to the producer and beat-creator, whose career maybe peaked when working for Roc A Fella Records on a run of big Jay Z albums like The Dynasty and The Blueprint. Most of the latter was done in just 3 days. Michael Jackson featured on one track, but JB missed out on meeting him. He was being compared to Dr Dre, but before he could deliver an album of his own, the working relationship fell apart. He went on to other successful projects instead.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum