Hot 100 Chart Moves:

2 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Hot 100 Chart Moves:  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hot 100 Chart Moves:

Post  misery guts Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:56 am

J Cole had a somewhat similar multi-entry experience in the UK, though mostly between #41 and #100.

Rae Sremmurd looks to have missed its chance to be UK #1, though God help us it might come back in January. The Christmas surge last week seemed to die off slightly this week too.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:29 am

I see that J Cole did rather better in the US Shocked

The Christmas surge came back in the UK this week, but the highest "entry" was for a 1964 #1 that's nothing to do with Christmas at all (I think there's a soccer connection, but whilst I do find soccer interesting generally, it and music are two interests that "never the twain should meet").

This was probably the first time maybe in a generation where the "battle for Christmas #1" has basically seen no serious contenders get anywhere at all.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:39 am

An even more ridiculous Christmas surge this week, as Brenda Lee and Andy Williams return to the top 40 Mad

Oddly, though, given the general upsweep of Christmas tunes, Chris Rea's classic Driving Home for Christmas dropped from #26 out of the 100, so presumably that was a technical matter rather than people suddenly going "ooh, I don't fancy it".

Despite my guess, Wham's Last Christmas only made it up to #7. There were other George Michael related re-entries further down the singles and albums charts.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:04 am

Last week's Christmas clearout suggested a false start, but this week sees definite changes in the UK, capped by Ed Sheeran's 1-2 at the top of the chart, dramatically ending Clean Bandit's 9-week run at the top. Time will tell if it sustains though.

I see Migos has unfortunately topped the US lists. Only up to #50 over here yet. Big moves for Starley, and Jax Jones, into the Top 10 though.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adric Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:06 pm

misery guts wrote:Last week's Christmas clearout suggested a false start, but this week sees definite changes in the UK, capped by Ed Sheeran's 1-2 at the top of the chart, dramatically ending Clean Bandit's 9-week run at the top. Time will tell if it sustains though.

I see Migos has unfortunately topped the US lists. Only up to #50 over here yet. Big moves for Starley, and Jax Jones, into the Top 10 though.

Much more improvement on your end! Very Happy Still scraping the bottom of the barrel here. Migos ... Mad ... I can't even listen to that. Sia just released a new video called 'Move Your Body' and is certainly worth a look as she glams up the 80's and it actually has rhythm. Having said that, it'll likely elude the Top 40 all together. Ed Sheeran I wish luck to here. I expect he'll debut high and steadily drop, though one may stick and seems to be a #2 guy. I mean, with competition like Migos and gnikcuf rae sremmurd, he has his work cut out for him. Laughing
Adric
Adric
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/people/Alex-Graham/546756334

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:52 am

Migos is like Broccoli pt 2 to my ears. And ISTR Gladys Knight had a Bourgie Bourgie song, so what's new here? The bad attitude.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:59 am

Even more surprised at how swiftly Ed dropped away in the US Shocked Amusing to see Clean Bandit arriving, though, it's usually the other way around. Bet it won't get 9 weeks at #1 Laughing

In the UK, Migos is either moving very slowly, or it's just not catching. Some other interesting movers, though, like Sage the Gemini.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:32 am

While I remember, I feel bound to say that Katy Perry's Chained to the Rhythm owes a lot to Sia (IDK if she has written it, or it's just inspiration).
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:52 am

It's obviously been too many weeks without some crazy stuff, so this week Stormzy's dreary album also cropped up with many entries in the singles chart too. Still, Ed Sheeran will probably be doing the exact same thing next week.

Migos into the UK top 10, although B&B thankfully only peaked at #30.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:38 am

Adric wrote:I suppose Katy Perry's new single stands out as the closest thing that even remotely sounds like music. Even still, it's quite bland and wouldn't have gone anywhere in an era when music was real.
It just struck me as partially like Sia's Cheap Thrills, only not any of the good bits. Given KP's usual style, it seems like a terrible back-step.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adric Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:41 pm

Just WOW at the UK chart this week! It all looks so fictional lol. I guess one will need a "double album" or release to break this feat. As usual, The Chainsuckers are in the way again. The lack of variety in the singles charts astonishes me. Nice little unexpected surprise coming in the morning from Clean Bandit on our end.
Adric
Adric
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:35 am

Alison Wenham wrote:“Having Ed Sheeran dominate virtually the whole of the Top 20 is indicative of the fact it is evolving and the rules will need to be examined fairly regularly in terms of the conversion – how many streams equals a download,”
Nope, that's not the issue...
Jon Webster wrote:“You should be looking at two different things: what’s happening in streaming, and what’s happening in sales. You can’t mix them. It ends up in two different metrics and that’s the problem,”
“When you were a kid and you bought a single, if you played it 500 times over five weeks it was still only one sale. But now we’re having that 500 times over five weeks in the chart. We live in a different world, and we need a different chart for a different world.”
Certainly blending the two is a nonsense if one is swamping the other so that it might as well just be the one.
Jeremy Pritchard wrote:“Something needs to happen,”“There should be some rules concerning what is and isn’t a single. If we’re still calling it the singles chart, should we be letting in stuff which hasn’t been identified as a single?
This is IT. A singles chart should cover singles. The occasional exception, like Coldplay's Viva La Vida, is acceptable, but there's no way on Earth you can argue that the entirety of an album constitutes singles, or that any consumer in their right mind thinks it is.

Plus there should be a cut-off point for old tracks.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adric Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:27 pm

YES, you get it! Personally, I think we'd be brilliant with this job. They all need to be fired, though how would it be re-vamped as correct? Technology? It could be done and if any passion is giving, it SHOULD be done. When do we start?

Adric
Adric
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:21 am

Very Happy

Of course, it is an industry, so a relatively accurate measurement of public choice in art is not as important as the best way to make money.

Rather calmer UK chart this week, with NO new entries in the top 30, though Ed still makes up 90% of the top 10.

I also note that though 15 tracks dropped out (were pushed out) last week by Ed-Mania, none of them bounced back. Though there has been a lot of recovery, those lingering oldies which were flushed out have gone now (or for now). So it did at least have some positive effect, as used to be a familiar, regular turnover in the charts.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adric Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:20 am

misery guts wrote:Ed Sheeran's 13 week-run at #1 looks probably set to end soon, because Harry Styles has dropped his first solo single, Sign Of The Times.

His album is still going great guns, though.

The toilet paper we call Billboard now has posted over 30 articles about Harry Styles today alone. I do look forward to giving it a listen. Really think it takes well here in the states and I believe he will. From a "Summer" type band (notice the boy bands always come out in summer) I think he will do well. I think the majority of music fans are in dire need of a change.
Adric
Adric
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:03 am

I won't spoil your anticipation, but as far as I can tell, it's nearer Ed Sheeran than Drake Exclamation
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adric Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:21 am

Well ..... Rolling Eyes Will they ever admit that streaming is an epic fail?

Harry Styles could miss out on number one after streaming glitch  <---- Click for full article

Harry Styles' chances of hitting number one with his debut solo single could be harmed by a glitch on Spotify.
Fans couldn't find the new track Sign Of The Times on Friday morning, after it got its first play on the BBC Radio 1 Breakfast Show.
For several hours, when they searched for "Harry Styles" on Spotify, the song didn't appear in the results.
It was also supposed to be on Spotify's New Music Friday playlist, but couldn't be seen.

Spotify ✔️ @Spotify
Hey @Harry_Styles fans, sorry if you had trouble playing this, but here it is now ==> #SignOfTheTimes http://spoti.fi/2oM8krw
3:18 PM - 8 Apr 2017
 3,792 3,792 Retweets   6,018 6,018 likes

Newsbeat contacted Spotify but there is no official comment from them at the moment.
This hasn't stopped fans from worrying that the glitch has messed up Harry's chances of topping the charts.

SignOfTheTimes @xYuriiix
#SPOTIFY REALLY MESSED UP YESTERDAY! Harry Styles needs our help! We must STREAM his song on spotify, youtube, itunes to catch up!
4:54 PM - 8 Apr 2017

elaine
Adric
Adric
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:43 am

It won't Laughing Certainly not after this blatant advertising about it...

There was a silly story when only the title was known, suggesting that the title was disrespectful to Prince Shocked seeing as how he had a song (30 years old this year, no less) of almost the same name.

Of course, there was a Roxy Music song of the same name first, but still, what's ersatz rage without ignorance, huh? Rolling Eyes
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adric Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:32 am

misery guts wrote:It won't Laughing Certainly not after this blatant advertising about it...

There was a silly story when only the title was known, suggesting that the title was disrespectful to Prince Shocked seeing as how he had a song (30 years old this year, no less) of almost the same name.

Of course, there was a Roxy Music song of the same name first, but still, what's ersatz rage without ignorance, huh? Rolling Eyes

Oh good grief. Knowing these millennials, they blame Prince, the ones that could even name a song title w/o having to google it. We could start an entire thread on like song titles lol. Roxy Music, very sadly, only hit the states with "Love Is The Drug", but I guess that's Ke$ha's fault Neutral
Adric
Adric
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:52 am

Adric wrote:Oh good grief. Knowing these millennials, they blame Prince, the ones that could even name a song title w/o having to google it. We could start an entire thread on like song titles lol.
Fair enough Laughing
Roxy Music, very sadly, only hit the states with "Love Is The Drug", but I guess that's Ke$ha's fault  Neutral  
Ah, no Dance Away, no Avalon, even no Virginia Plain for the rock fans. Shame.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:49 am

Styles did make it to #1 Cool

Ed Sheeran's Shape of You thus stops its run at 13 weeks, which I think puts it 4th on the all-time lists, behind Wet Wet Wet and Drake in joint second, and Bryan Adams top (this is for single runs, and thus not to compare with Frankie Laine's overall weeks record).
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Sat May 06, 2017 1:10 am

And from out of nowhere, DJ Khaled is UK #1 (with help from Justin Bieber)! Shocked Shocked Shocked
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adric Sat May 06, 2017 5:35 am

misery guts wrote:And from out of nowhere, DJ Khaled is UK #1 (with help from Justin Bieber)! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Lol -- No surprise. On our end 'Despacito' spent the past several weeks lingering between #50-#45. It was by Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee. Suddenly, Bieber becomes part of the feature and it "pooof" went to #9. Just goes to show that it's no longer about the song. It can be utter crap and still hit #1 depending on the name behind it. DJ Khaled is the queen of features and I bet he hasn't even heard of Skaro. Laughing
Adric
Adric
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Mon May 08, 2017 7:56 am

Funny you say that, I saw the Despacito vid a week or two back being pushed as "the return of Bieber" and I couldn't see what he had to do with it Surprised The problem with the guy is that it's almost impossible to believe he has any musical credibility at all, outside of singing. Are people buying these records because they're great records, or because they're just pieces of merchandise? What a situation we're in.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:53 am

Despacito's 6 week run atop the UK is over thanks to the unfortunate events at the Grenfell Tower, and its subsequent Simon Cowell-devised charity single.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next