Tom Jones!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tom Jones! - Page 2 Empty Re: Tom Jones!

Post  misery guts on Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:03 am

A Little Later - Tom Jones
Odd little compilation which I thought might feature more than it did. But originating in 2000, it culled 4 songs from his appearance on the 1998/9 Hootenanny whilst he was plugging Reload. He started with It's Not Unusual, inevitably, followed with Baby It's Cold Outside with Cerys Matthews, then Take Me To The River, and finally What I'd Say with backing from Nicole and Natalie Appleton of All Saints. Something of a missed opportunity, but better than nothing perhaps.

Tom Jones at 80
A tacked-together tribute with archive chatter to tell his story and feature performances. It's odd that Chills and Fever, and Exactly Like You, are perhaps 2 of his most repeated clips, and yet I don't think either rate among his biggest hits. What became interesting were the less familiar numbers like I'll Be Here Where The Heart Is, or This Is The Life. I'm always bemused by A Boy From Nowhere as well, which doesn't seem at all impressive or memorable. Baby It's Cold Outside turned up here too, despite the rows about it. But then they squeezed in 3 versions of It's Not Unusual...
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tom Jones! - Page 2 Empty Re: Tom Jones!

Post  misery guts on Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:32 am

Radio 2 Live at Home - Tom Jones
From the curious giant greenhouse, he delivered a decent set with familiar classics, and the unfamiliar Strange Things Happening Every Day, which might be from the new album he was expecting to be touring this summer, were things normal.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum