Depeche Mode

Go down

Depeche Mode Empty Depeche Mode

Post  misery guts Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:13 am

Basildon's foremost rock pervs, they evolved from New Romantic beginnings in the early 80s, to become stadium-happy rock gods in the late 80s and beyond. Dave Gahan has drug issues, but he recovered, and he and Martin Gore remain the nucleus of the band, who've got a new album out soon. Here are just some of their best moments:

Everything Counts

Enjoy The Silence

In Your Room

Barrel Of A Gun

Where's The Revolution?

Not sure why it's taken me this long to do a DM thread, I've got a few of their albums, and they've done loads of great tracks clown
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Depeche Mode Empty Re: Depeche Mode

Post  misery guts Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:06 am

Depeche Mode: 101
2 hour concert/tour film about the electropop band's late 80's tour of the USA, finishing at the Pasadena Rose Bowl. The music footage is good, the backstage boredom with a crop of youths who appear to think they're born stars when they aren't, is less enthralling.

Depeche Mode - Live In Berlin
From their Delta Machine tour in November 2013, they did 12 songs, from across their 30+ year career. Personal Jesus and Enjoy The Silence were high-spots, and I'm warming to Never Let Me Down too.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:22 am

Discovering: Depeche Mode
Basildon's foremost rock pervs. The exit of Vince Clarke wasn't quite the disaster it seemed to be, and they developed a compelling sound and direction through the 1990's. Health problems after that didn't help, but they kept up their sales. Solo albums passed time, and they continue to put out new material periodically, though the media have let them slip a long time back.

Video Killed The Radio Star: Depeche Mode
Rusty Egan and Robert Elms discuss memorable 80s videos made by Anton Corbijn, including Personal Jesus and Enjoy The Silence, plus later ones like Barrel Of A Gun and It's No Good. I didn't quite realise the depth of horror in Barrel of a Gun.

Their new album, Spirit, is out this week.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:42 am

Depeche Mode at the BBC
A selection of performances, mainly from TOTP, and with some chat footage of Gahan, Gore, Fletcher, Wilder and Clarke. Notably, they were regular BBC visitors until 1987, then there's a gap of 10 years, followed by another gap of 8 years, and finally ending up on Later with Jools Holland.

Depeche Mode - Live at 6music Festival
From their recent show at Glasgow Barrowlands, this was a different blend of material, including the recent "Where's The Revolution?" single. Notably, they closed with Personal Jesus and Enjoy The Silence.

Spirit peaked at #5.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:37 am

Isle of Wight Festival: Depeche Mode
Typical of this coverage, a much-plugged headline performance is reduced to less than half an hour of airtime, within which they squeeze in one more recent number (Cover Me) amid three classics. The crowd and the band were happy otherwise.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:46 am

Spirits in the Forest
A quirky 2018 documentary by friend-of-the-band Anton Corbijn, who focussed on 6 fans who live across the world - Los Angeles, Berlin, Bucharest, Bogota, Perpignan and Ulan Bator. Their stories varied from the band inspiring them through personal struggles with health or sexuality or family break-up. The six people had also all travelled to a gid in July 2018 in Berlin.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:30 am

misery guts wrote:Depeche Mode - Live In Berlin
From their Delta Machine tour in November 2013, they did 12 songs, from across their 30+ year career. Personal Jesus and Enjoy The Silence were high-spots, and I'm warming to Never Let Me Down too.
Seen another version of this, I think, but rather longer (they did 20+ songs here) I think. It was at O2 World. Some parts seemed familiar, but most of it came as a surprise. They started with Welcome to My World (not that one) and finished with Goodbye (also, not that one).
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:45 am

Depeche Mode - One Night In Paris : The Exciter Tour 2001
From the Palacia Omnispark de Paris-Bercy, Dave & co belted out a solid set for a couple of hours, mixing fresher material with reliable old favourites, and crowd pleasing antics too. Nice to see Martin getting to sing a couple of numbers too.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Fri May 27, 2022 6:29 am

Adric wrote:Andy Fletcher, one of the founding members of Depeche Mode, has died at age 60. One of my all time favorite groups. RIP Depeche Mode Icon_sad
Yes, unexpected, and 60 means he was only a nipper when they first broke through all those years ago. I see he's had tributes from Pet Shop Boys, and also Alison Moyet who grew up near where he did.

RIP  Sad
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:53 pm

The remaining members of the band just released a new album, Memento Mori, which entered the UK charts at #2 last week, pipped to the top by Lana Del Rey.
misery guts
misery guts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum