Drake Ties James Brown's Record

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Drake Ties James Brown's Record

Post  Adric on Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:52 pm

Drake Ties James Brown's Record  Click for full detailed article.

Notably, Brown was the lead act on all 91 of his Hot 100 visits; Drake has been lead on 48 and featured on 43 of his 91, a reflection of hip-hop's trademark abundance of featured billings. Worth noting: Presley's 1956 arrival predated the Hot 100's 1958 launch by two years.

Drake, "Back to Back"
Drake roars onto the Hot 100 with four tracks, led by "Back to Back" at No. 21 (122,000 first-week downloads sold). With the bows, he adds an impressive honor: he ties late R&B icon James Brown for the fourth-most entries, 91 each, in the Hot 100's 57-year history.

Here's an updated count of the acts with the most Hot 100 hits all-time:

207, Glee Cast
126, Lil Wayne
108, Elvis Presley
91, James Brown
91, Drake
83, Jay Z
74, Ray Charles
73, Aretha Franklin
72, Chris Brown
71, the Beatles

silent   No doubt these charts will be changing more frequently in the upcoming future. I find it positively insulting that Glee Cast are the toppers here. I'm sure The Beatles, Elvis, James Brown, etc etc would agree. Pathetic method of charting these days. Imagine what the charts would have looked like if they tallied them the same way back in the day. I'm no fan of Drake or Lil Wayne, but keep the (C)rap coming .... anything to knock out Glee!!!
            I can tell you already that very soon this chart will get updated again. Very close runner-ups include Nicki Minaj, Eminem, T-Pain, Taylor Swift and Rihanna. To quote Queen Victoria, "I am not amused ... not remotely amused!"  silent
Adric
Admin

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/people/Alex-Graham/546756334

Back to top Go down

Re: Drake Ties James Brown's Record

Post  misery guts on Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:11 am

Lil Wayne at #2?! Shocked

It's quality, not quantity, that counts Idea
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:57 am

Drake had a good 2016:

It's official: Drake out-sold everyone in 2016
The Canadian star achieved millions of sales and billions of streams with his fourth album, Views, which topped the charts around the world.
He managed to beat Adele and Coldplay, who also achieved big sales last year.
The news comes from music industry bigwigs the IFPI, who've given Drake their Global Recording Artist of the Year Award.
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:54 am

As well as decimating/dominating the singles chart, he's got plans for the small screen, too:

Drake joins the cast of Top Boy
Drake, real name Aubrey Graham, is believed to have bought the rights to Top Boy after Channel 4 dropped the series in 2013 following a two-season run. According to the show's lead star Ashley Walters, Drake met with producers at the end of March and is in talks to star in his own role.
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top