She's Madonna

View previous topic View next topic Go down

She's Madonna

Post  misery guts on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:08 am

Somehow omitted to have a thread for probably the single greatest female solo singer in the history of the world Razz From her modest start in the 1980's, through rapid global success with a series of top albums, bit of a wobble in the 1990's, and career recovery in the 2000's, her legacy is huge, and her influence can be seen from Britney Spears to Lady Gaga. She's always had the nerve to re-invent her image, and work with cool producers, catching on to hot trends and bringing them to the masses. And she's about to release a new album "Rebel Heart" next month, hopefully a bounce-back after the relative commercial disaster of her last one. Here are just a handful of her high-spots:

Into The Groove

Erotica

Frozen

American Life

4 Minutes

There's only 1 queen of pop.
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: She's Madonna

Post  misery guts on Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:30 am

One thing to say for her is that she doesn't seem to get her career over-analysed too often, probably because it's still just about on-going...

Madonna: Music in Review
A pretty well-put-together programme, strong on how her early promise soon developed exponentially into massive global success with a string of bit hit albums, before she went off the rails in the early 1990s and had to spend a while in a creative wilderness, before a triumphant return with the "Ray of Light" album and beyond. I think that later stage has been tempered by the knowledge that she isn't invulnerable, and her old tricks aren't always guaranteed to work out for her. Though this cut off around the mid-00s mark, I'll be interested to hear more about what went wrong with the MDNA effort, and what her imminent new release will be like.
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Adric on Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:20 pm

Madonna Flaunts Ripped Bod as a Sexy Matador in ''Living for Love'' Music Video: Watch Now!

Two days ahead of the 57th Annual Grammy Awards, Madonna has released the music video for her latest single, "Living for Love."
The 56-year-old pop icon, who is set to perform at Sunday's show, transforms into a fierce and sexy matador in the clip, which sees the Queen of Pop playing a bullfighter as her dancers wear bedazzled bull masks on their heads (while flaunting their bulging biceps, natch).
The video debuted on Snapchat on Thursday for an exclusive 24 hours and is now available on the singer's Vevo channel for all your unlimited viewing.
Adric
Admin

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/people/Alex-Graham/546756334

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:54 am

Sounds alright to me Cool
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:38 am

Despite not being playlisted at "youth" station, BBC Radio 1, Madonna still came to London to perform said new single at the Brit Awards. However:

Madonna falls down some stairs

queen scratch drunken
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:29 am

The fall-out Razz from her Brits performance continued. On the one hand, cynics felt it was a stage-managed event to promote a forthcoming tour. On the other hand, Madonna claimed she suffered "whiplash" from it. Soon see how the single & album sell.
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:22 pm

Armani curtly responded to the idea that it was the fault of his garment that she made her big fall.

The comeback single entered the UK charts at #26, which is pretty poor given the publicity put in, though compared to the songs from her last album, this is successville!

The new album is out Monday here.
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:53 am

'Rebel Heart' entered the UK chart at #2. The last time she released a proper album here that didn't go to #1 was 'Bedtime Stories' back in 1994 (though there's always next week, never say die, etc). The ubiquitous Sam Smith's debut album returned to #1 this week instead.
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Adric on Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:29 pm

She's back ... Bitch, I'm Madonna

Adric
Admin

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/people/Alex-Graham/546756334

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:45 am

"Look at me! I've got a vid with all my kooky celeb mates in it! Cool, huh?"
"Bitch, Taylor Swift just did that."
"Damn."
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:42 am

The movement to show solidarity for the people of Paris continues:

Madonna performs impromptu Paris gig
After her Bercy arena concert on Wednesday, she tweeted she was heading to the Place de la Republique, which has become a shrine to those who died.

Madonna, who is in the city for her Rebel Heart tour, was filmed singing along with her 10-year-old son David.

She began by singing Ghosttown and then moved on to John Lennon's Imagine and her classic track Like A Prayer.
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:24 am

Madonna's year of mis-haps continues with Glasgow fighting back:

Madonna rebuke after power cut during Glasgow encore
The singer left the stage at the end of her Rebel Heart tour concert on Sunday.

When she returned for an encore of Holiday, Madonna was forced to lead a crowd singalong after finding the power off and floor lights on.

Posting on Instagram, Madonna said: "We don't stop till its over Glasgow! Don't try to silence the Queen." The Hydro said Madonna's own team cut the power.

A spokeswoman for the venue said: "Madonna finished her agreed set and then chose to come on for another song.
Supposedly, she started late anyway, and finished even later Rolling Eyes
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:26 am

Crystallize - An unauthorised story on Madonna
A decent hour on her story, her marriages, her children, her movies, her image changes, her humanitarian campaigning, and her music. A brief use of Paul Gambaccini at least gave this mildly better kudos than it otherwise deserved, cutting together various bits of Madonna talking about assorted projects.
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:58 pm

She's currently on tour, and in Australia for apparently the first time in 23 years!!?! But having troubles in her personal life, a custody battle caused by her split with Guy Ritchie:

Misses court date because touring
The two have been engaged in an increasingly bitter custody dispute that has become especially complicated as they live on opposite sides of the Atlantic, and the singer is on a world tour for her "Rebel Heart" album.
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:36 am

She's had more troubles on tour:

Madonna branded diva for arriving 3 hours late at a gig
The Rebel Heart hitmaker was scheduled to begin her show in Brisbane, Australia on Wednesday night at 8pm.

But her loyal followers became increasingly frustrated when it was announced she would step on stage after 10.30pm - and she reportedly eventually appeared at 11.22pm.

According to Australia's Courier Mail, after singing Body Shop she joked to crowds at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre: "I'm hardly ever late. It's you people that get here early, that's the problem.

"Just come late and I won't have to come early.
Planned fan wardrobe malfunction hilarity
Pretty Josephine Georgiou, who's just 17, described her top being pulled down on stage as 'the best moment of her life'.

She also insisted that only she had the right to label it embarrassing after social media went into meltdown following the incident in Brisbane on Thursday .

She told the Courier-Mail. “Only I get to decide if I’m humiliated or not. Why would people assume I am humiliated by my own breast, nipple or body?

"It's hilarious to me how much of a big deal it is to everyone."
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:06 pm

Some good news with Billboard naming her their 2016 Woman of the Year
Following a year where she extended her record as the highest-grossing female touring artist of all time, Madonna will receive Billboard's 2016 Woman of the Year award. 
“Madonna is one of a miniscule number of super-artists whose influence and career transcend music,” said Janice Min, president and chief creative officer of The Hollywood Reporter-Billboard Media Group. “With her creative vision, relentless innovation, and dedication to philanthropic causes, she is an inspiration to hundreds of millions of people around the world, all while shattering every career record out there. She is an important feminist on top of that, a one-of-a-kind artist who’s used her influence to change the conversation around women, sexuality and equal rights.”
Hmm... and there was me thinking she was just a jumped-up nostalgia act now.
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top