The Killers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Killers

Post  misery guts on Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:23 pm

Arguably the coolest band in the world today, Brandon Flowers and the gang have been scoring big worldwide hits for the past decade, and recently released a compilation, Killer Hits, to show it. Here's a few of those gems:

Somebody Told Me

Mr Brightside

When You Were Young

Spaceman

Just Another Girl

Cool
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Killers

Post  misery guts on Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:30 am

The Killers: Live at the Royal Albert Hall
One thing I always learn from shows like this is what songs are considered by the band or the fans as their big closers; in this case 'When We Were Young', surprisingly.
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:23 am

MTV World Stage: The Killers
From the Oxegen Festival, 2009, a reliable run-through of his from Brandon & the gang. They ended, unsurprisingly, on 'When We Were Young'.

Live From The Artist's Den: The Killers
A new performance series, seemingly culled from random gigs. This was at the Capitale, New York City, taped July 24, 2012. Between songs was some backstage chat with Brandon about the usual stuff. They started with 'Spaceman' and finished with a song I couldn't be sure of (is a budget for OSG really too much?)
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:35 am

T in the Park 2013: The Killers
Arguably the coolest band in the world today, they did a solid hour or more, running through their hits, with the odd cover amongst (I Think We're Alone Now!), and some between-song banter from Brandon. They closed on 'All These Things That I've Done'.
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:07 am

Live From Abbey Road - Classics : The Killers
Originally recorded back in November 2006, this short set from Studio 2 saw the lads doing When You Were Young, Sam's Town and a cover of Romeo And Juliet (the latter two turning up on their Sawdust compilation which I picked up last year, having not previously realised it even existed). Brandon cited the Cars and the Smiths as initial influences, not catching on to Bowie until he was 20. They are wary of hype, since 6 million bought their 1st album. He was bemused that Dire Straits were English, feeling their songs embody the wide open deserts of Australia (!?)
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:09 am

The Killers at Glastonbury 2017
They were a "surprise" inclusion on the John Peel Stage on the Sunday night, and ran through a fairly safe but appreciated set, which included their new single "The Man". Be good to have them back.
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum