Katy Perry makes Billboard history with 'Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Katy Perry makes Billboard history with 'Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)

Post  Adric on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:16 pm

Katy Perry continues her hit-filled year, as the singer has notched her fifth No. 1 single from the platinum-selling "Teenage Dream."

With current single "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)" set to hit the No. 1 spot on Billboard's pop chart, according to the Nielsen BDS-based pop radio-airplay ranking, the singer's sophomore effort is the first album in the more than 15-year history of the Adult Top 40 mainstream chart to log that many No. 1 singles.

"Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)," with its kooky '80s-inspired video, joins the Kanye West-assisted "E.T.,' "Firework," "California Gurls," featuring Snoop Dogg, and the title track, which was ranked the fourth-best single of 2010 by Rolling Stone -– "Glee's" version of the single also went on to become a huge hit. If "Last Friday Night" hits the top spot on the coveted Hot 100 chart -- it's currently No. 2 -- it would be only the second album to achieve that ranking. The other? Michael Jackson's 1987 disc, "Bad."

"Teenage Dream" leads Justin Timberlake's "FutureSex/LoveSounds" and Lady Gaga's "The Fame," which both featured four Mainstream Top 40 No. 1's.

Perry, who performs at the Nokia Theatre on Friday, recently received a leading nine Video Music Awards nominations, including video of the year.
Adric
Admin

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/people/Alex-Graham/546756334

Back to top Go down

'Dark Horse' video troubles

Post  misery guts on Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:43 am

Now she's got into trouble for her latest (bloody silly) video for 'Dark Horse' - A Muslim group objected to a particular religious symbol appearing amongst much tawdry drivel, and so it's been edited out, after garnering more publicity:

http://news.sky.com/story/1218381/katy-perrys-blasphemous-video-is-edited

I object to the fact that the song's crap (and the video's an expensive load of crap, too), but I don't hold out much hopes of edits to improve it...  Exclamation It's like that ET one all over again.
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Katy Perry makes Billboard history with 'Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)

Post  misery guts on Sun May 25, 2014 9:08 am

On a personal note, I don't rate the "proper" video for 'Birthday' either. The earlier lyric version with all the cakes was rather groovy, but the one with hidden camera pranks just winds me up. I've never liked that sort of television, and no amount of going "it's okay, it was just a joke all along" never seems adequate to me. Mad 
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:57 am

More trouble about 'Dark Horse':

Katy Perry sued by Christian musicians over allegedly stolen music for 'Dark Horse'
Once a Christian singer herself, Katy Perry is being sued by a group of Christian musicians for apparently ripping off their music for her hit song "Dark Horse," and tainting it with what they call "black magic."
Blimey, as if the song itself wasn't bad enough, and the video ditto...
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top