Less than 6 weeks to go now

clown 
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctor Who

Post  misery guts on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:14 am

Returned for proper on Saturday night (not counting the leaked versions), on the small screen and some big screens, too. I thought that it was impressive in parts, and frustrating at others. Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman were good, though, so that's a hopeful sign Idea
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Adric on Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:08 pm

misery guts wrote:Returned for proper on Saturday night (not counting the leaked versions), on the small screen and some big screens, too. I thought that it was impressive in parts, and frustrating at others. Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman were good, though, so that's a hopeful sign Idea

Like Matt Smith, I say Peter Capaldi is going to be a whopper! There were some wonderful lines and thought this was a brilliant season opener. It was genuinely scary in parts which I feel makes for some proper DW. Can't wait to see how the season plays out, though it's gotten off to a great start. So glad to have some optimism back as I've been leery about Steven Moffat for a few years now.

I've seen two news article (from rags like the Mirror) and such that make me cringe a bit. One asks if new DW is too scary for children. Ummmm ... no! It's "proper" scary which most kids adore. Heck, there are some Sarah Jane Adventures that I thought were pretty scary depending on the age group.
  The Other article was going on about the lesbian kiss ... which really wasn't even that. She was giving Jenny air! All I can say to that is .... Planet Of The Pudding Brains! Very Happy  Oh, the opening was awesome as was the new Tardis design! Both rank up there as my favs of all time. Until this epi, Tom Baker's Tardis was my favorite as I grew up on him. Speaking of, I do believe Capaldi is going to be very "Baker-ish". He truly reminded of him via this opener.
Adric
Admin

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/people/Alex-Graham/546756334

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:23 am

This week's episode was alright, too. Not over-impressed by huge space scenes of massed Dalek ships, although it makes a change to rip off part of Star Wars other than the blasted cantina scene.

Capaldi & Jenna had some nice cross-talk lines which helped things along. So far, s'okay What a Face
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Adric on Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:10 pm

misery guts wrote:This week's episode was alright, too. Not over-impressed by huge space scenes of massed Dalek ships, although it makes a change to rip off part of Star Wars other than the blasted cantina scene.

Capaldi & Jenna had some nice cross-talk lines which helped things along. So far, s'okay What a Face

Agreed. Nothing over the top special about it and starting to see the daleks as overkill. Have some grave concerns about next week. Really hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised, but some of these historic epis can really bomb. I adored Vincent, but absolutely hated Unicorn & Wasp as well as Shakespear.
My favorite line from this week would easily be Capaldi saying, "I only wish you hadn't been a soldier." geek
Adric
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:43 am

Adric wrote:I adored Vincent, but absolutely hated Unicorn & Wasp as well as Shakespear.
It's telling that V&TD was mostly a serious story, whereas the other two weren't. By that logic, you're likely not going to be well served this weekend Rolling Eyes (I'd agree that the more serious approach is better)
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:05 am

Over the halfway mark on this series, I have to say my feelings are mixed. Capaldi and Coleman are a great team, but many of the stories have been the pits Evil or Very Mad

Agreed .... thinking 'Listen' was fun for a watch, but over-rated. Basically, a 45 minute log nursery rhyme. Last night was a fun romp, although it defied every law of physics lol. Can I have some bacon with that moon egg haha. I was truly waiting for a tsunami at the very end Laughing

As for Capaldi, loving his Doctor! He's got the arrogance of Tom Baker and the crankiness of Hartnell. Wonderful actor meant for the part in every aspect. Now, if only we could get Moffat to regenerate, so to speak..
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Adric on Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:09 am

Looks as though singer Foxes will be guesting in our latest episode Doctor Who season 8, episode 8: Spoiler-free preview for Mummy on the Orient Express
Adric
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:36 am

Yeah, she did fine in what little she had to do. There's also a video clip of her doing the whole song, with clips from this series set to it, apparently.

Overall, thought this episode was a massive improvement on last week, and probably my favourite one from this series (so far) bounce
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Adric on Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:59 am

misery guts wrote:Yeah, she did fine in what little she had to do. There's also a video clip of her doing the whole song, with clips from this series set to it, apparently.

Overall, thought this episode was a massive improvement on last week, and probably my favourite one from this series (so far) bounce

Quite right Smile That was easily the best episode so far this season. 'Til last night, I enjoyed the first episode most, despite 'Listen' being the most popular. Thought Foxes did very well and have a new respect for her as a singer. Sort of can't help that when they come clean about being a die-hard fan lol. Yes, on a scale of 1-5 I'll give it 66 farao PS - To add, I thought Clara looked absolutely amazing in her roaring 20's style clothes and hair.

Gotta also love PC's attitude. My fav line ... "She was over 100 years old. Little old ladies die all the time. Practically part of their job description". LOL
Adric
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adric on Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:17 am

I quite liked the episode, though have a few negs. First off, I've said this for years. Moffat just might be the villian that kills Doctor Who. I think Missy is a great character and I can deal with the "sex-change" .... surely there'll be a line next week. Are they using The Master as a testing ground for a female Doctor? Will we start having male companions? Still, I call May-Day of Moffat. The fact that he's involved in so much stuff is telling in DW. I feel like we're in for a HUGE surprise next time. In fact, I know we are (connection)  Smile

Adric
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:27 am

It's been an up & down year, with impressive highs and shocking lows. This episode was a bit blah really. The big villain reveals were predictable (or spoiled) weeks ago, and whilst there were some good bits, it just felt very by-numbers. The question is whether things will get worse next week, or better?
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Adric on Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:38 am

Adric
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:55 pm

About an hour to go before tonight's season finale... scratch bounce cyclops Question
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:16 am

Well, that was a whole load of not a lot Rolling Eyes
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:34 am

The impending Christmas special with Nick Frost doesn't really engender high hopes, either. Series 9 next Autumn remains a blank slate, though (apart from Capaldi, Moffat and Murray flippin' Gold).
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Adric on Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:21 pm

misery guts wrote:The impending Christmas special with Nick Frost doesn't really engender high hopes, either. Series 9 next Autumn remains a blank slate, though (apart from Capaldi, Moffat and Murray flippin' Gold).

The Widow / Wardrobe was cringeworthy at best. Now THIS comes as I knew it would the minute we got out Missy / Master cliffhanger. Steven Moffat Finally Confirms The Doctor Can And Should Be A Woman.

Now I cannot bash SM on FB w/o getting bashed myself. Moffat is going to be known as the man who killed DW. Now, tell me if I am over-rating this or if my concerns are serious, please. I feel we're in the modern day McCoy era, nearly at Delta & The Bannermen. The wonderful acting from PC has been top-notch and the saving grace. Clara is like an overdue library book and they kill Pink right as he's getting interesting. What a waste!

What I've seen for the years special will require lots of adult beverages. This looks as cringeworthy as all eff. Please prove me wrong Moffat!

As to the woman issue. I love The Master / Missy and THAT can work. Just DON'T do it to The Doctor. Would I still watch ... yes. I would give it a try and it could be impressive. Still, there is a lot of homophobia out there and parents that would rather just boycott the show rather than have to explain it to their kids.

Things that would likely never happen because it's too obscure ... and I wasn't too clear about River being Amy & Rory child, come to that.

1 --- Susan Foreman --- Will the Doctor be "grandmother" or will Susan be "Doctor Her?"

2 --- Romana --- Will Romana come back from e-space a man or scorn woman trapped in e-space?

3 --- Will we have 95% male companions?

4 --- Will River Song still like her husband's chest?

I really don't want to wrap my head around this. If SM DOES go this route, I think we can kiss DW goodbye. I'd like to see some more seasons with Capldi, Moffat-free! Moffat is out of ideas and ink!!!

Adric
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:31 am

Moffat is a notorious blabbermouth who has previously compared his own sex life in television with a "mechanical digger". Plus, SFX is so fawningly ass-kissing in its Nu Series adulation that they would swallow anything he would tell them, without considering its value.

So, yes, he probably would like to, but whether he will, who knows? Mad
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Adric on Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:15 pm

Just caught this on FB and had to borrow it, sort of like Harrtnell did the Tardis Smile

Adric
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:36 pm

I think the Christmas episode worked better as a coda to the last series, than as any kind of Christmas special. The Dream Crabs are so derivative of Moff's other crap ideas like the Silence and the Weeping Angels. The plot was such a rip-off of other sources, it made The Seeds of Doom look imaginative.
Ah well, tomorrow is another year (sic) Rolling Eyes
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:16 am

Hey, the new series starts tonight with "The Magician's Apprentice" What a Face
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Adric on Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:49 pm

I saw it 4 hours earlier than it'll get aired lol. I will surely buy it and quite liked it. Good opener and some nice 'flashbacks'. I hear this season's gonna be a whopper ... hint hint.... lol.

Adric
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:32 am

The last 2 weeks have been improved from the first one.

Also a spin-off series, "Class" has been announced for next year, set in Coal Hill School. Like Sarah Jane Adventures without Lis Sladen (and probably with Clara Oswald, unless she leaves the series in a wooden box).
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:04 am

Second half of the series has been improved from the first. Big season end this Saturday... before the Christmas special follows 20 days later.
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  misery guts on Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:11 am

Show-runner Steven Moffat has finally decided to push off. But he's still doing this year's Christmas special, and one more series which the BBC will thoughtfully not broadcast until Spring 2017.

His replacement, Chris "Broadchurch" Chibnall, will take charge for a series in 2018.
misery guts
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top